Epson has announced the launch of a new generation of Moverio augmented reality (AR) smart glasses.
Ten years after the introduction of the first models, Epson is now launching the fourth generation of Si-OLED binocular smart glasses for augmented reality.
The new Moverio range includes BT-40 and BT-40S smart glasses, offering users a number of improved features, including a wider field of view (FOV), higher HD display resolution, high contrast, improved connectivity and adjustable design even more comfortable.
What do you get with Epson smart glasses?
- Higher image resolution – Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- A wider field of view of 34 degrees (FOV) – equivalent to viewing a 120-inch (3,048 meters) screen from a distance of 5 meters
- Contrast ratio 500,000: 1
- A more comfortable design with optimized weight distribution and optional cushions for the nasal bridge
- A shape closer to that of ordinary glasses and optional dark shades
- Type C USB connection for connecting to external devices
- Transparent, binocular Si-OLED screen
The fourth generation of Epson smart glasses technology is launched with the BT-40 and BT-40S models, each being adapted for different markets.
The first model, the Moverio BT-40, will be available starting this year
The Moverio BT-40 has a Type C USB connection, which means that it can be connected to a wide range of compatible devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, and can be used as a secondary or extended viewing device, similar to a external monitor or projector for personal use.
Moverio BT-40 displays large, high-resolution images, visible only to the wearer, making it possible for people who need a private environment to use them even when working in the office or in public spaces.
The AR Moverio BT-40 glasses can function as a virtual workstation, perfect for work from home, but the glasses also offer a captivating personal entertainment experience.
Moverio BT-40S – model available from February 2021
The new Moverio BT-40S model includes the option of a Smart Controller with Android for software integration.
The Moverio Smart Controller is compatible with Google Play and has been developed for a wide range of applications.
It also has an integrated touch screen, custom user interfaces and a memory of up to 2TB.
The controller has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, compass, accelerometer, gyroscope, camera, flashlight, microphone and audio jack and rechargeable battery that offers video playback of up to 5 hours.
Moverio BT-40S will especially help freelance software developers to develop and update new or existing applications for a variety of usage scenarios:
- Visiting museums or other visitor attractions, as clear smart glasses offer immersive experiences without additional AR features or applications;
- The theater and cinema experience is enhanced with the Moverio BT-40S glasses, which offer subtitling solutions;
- The dental offices and the surgeries performed in them will be improved by dental scanning solutions and entertainment options available for patients.