British loudspeaker manufacturer Falcon Acoustics has launched the IMF 100. The IMF 100 is the first of six loudspeakers and is essentially a complete kit for a high quality two-way loudspeaker. According to Falcon, the package costs less than half of an equivalent pre-assembled loudspeaker and the buyer should be able to assemble the supplied parts into a complete loudspeaker in less than half an hour.
UK-based Falcon Acoustics has announced the first of six models in its ‘Complete @ Home’ range of home mounting speaker systems. With Falcon drivers, Italian birch cabinets, and Falcon factory-assembled and pre-wired crossovers, the IMF100 can be completed in just 30 minutes, according to the manufacturer. No soldering is required. All assembly tools are included and the build process is supported by a YouTube video.
Falcon Acoustics IMF 100: transmission line
The IMF 100 is a two-way 1 / 8th wave transmission line system, with matching Falcon type B110 and T27 drivers, as used by Falcon in the famous LS3 / 5a. Furthermore, the customer will receive precision CNC-designed B110 locking rings, finely tuned Falcon crossovers and fully produced birch wood cabinets made in Italy with natural walnut or rosewood veneer. Designed and made in the same factory as the Falcon Acoustics BBC LS3 / 5a, the IMF100 has much of the LS3 / 5a but with an extra bass extension.
The IMF100 system uses parts that are exclusively sourced and manufactured in GB or the EU, for the best quality and consistency.
Falcon Acoustics IMF 100: technical specifications
- Cabinet: 1 / 8th wave folded transmission line, Italian-made birch plywood cabinet in 12 millimeters and 9 millimeters, finished with natural walnut or rosewood veneer. Magnetically attached fabric grid.
- Mid / woofer: Falcon B110 (five inch) Bextrene Cone bass unit
- Tweeter: 19mm Falcon T27 Mylar dome tweeter, matching pairs
- Frequency range: 38 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Impedance: eight ohms
- Sensitivity: 86 dB (2.83 Volt / meter)
- Load capacity 15 – 100 Watt
- Connector: Four millimeter, custom designed nickel-plated terminal blocks
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 460 x 225 x 275 millimeters (+ 12 mm for grille and terminals)
- Weight: 12.5 kilograms each, 28 kilograms per pair shipping weight.