GoPro Hero 9 Black has 5K video, even better video stabilisation – and finally selfie screen.
After shaking off the competition, GoPro is almost alone in making so-called action cameras. Cameras for people who need a small camera attached to a helmet or chest while doing exciting stunts to be filmed. Or for other reasons want to film their experiences from their own perspective. Some people also need a camera that can be hidden in nooks and crannies, where you can not get with a larger video or still camera. An action camera can do things no other camera can, including the mobile camera.
Hero9 Black – more of everything
GoPro’s best action camera has arrived in its 9th generation and is now called Hero9 Black. It has got a brand new image sensor with 5K video resolution and which can take still images at 20 megapixels. Digital video stabilization is now called HyperSmooth 3.0, which should be even better than on its predecessor Hero8 Black – which by the way impressed us greatly. The new thing about HyperSmooth 3.0 is built-in horizon correction, so that the horizon stays stable, even if you tilt the camera obliquely.
In addition to the larger screen on the back, the camera has finally got a selfie screen on the front. Thus, you do not need to use the mobile app to see the section when you film yourself.
Battery life has increased by 30 percent (finally!), And there is now also a Max Lens Mod, a lens accessory, which provides further improvement of video stabilization. Then you can rotate the camera a full 360 degrees around, while the horizon is still locked as if the camera has been stationary all the time.
The camera is packed in a robust travel case that also houses various attachments and accessories. The packaging itself is now without plastic, for the sake of the environment.
GoPro Hero9 Black – facts:
- New image sensor
- Video: 5K30, 4K60, 2.7K120, 1440p120, 1080p240 m.fl.
- Photo: 20MP
- New 1.4 ”selfie screen
- Larger 2.27 ”main screen, touch function
- 30 percent longer battery life and better performance in cold weather
- Rechargeable, replaceable battery
- HyperSmooth 3.0 with horizon correction
- TimeWarp 3.0 with Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Live Streaming
- 1080p Webcam mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR Night lapse video
- RAW photo
- Digital lenses
- Voice control with 14 commands in 11 languages + 6 dialects
- 3 microphones with advanced wind noise reduction
- Stereo + RAW audio
- Larger speaker for better sound reproduction
- Detachable lens cover
- Tiltable mount for racks
- Waterproof to 10 meters
- Compatible with Max Lens Mod, Light Mod, Display Mod and Media Mod for Hero9 Black