Why is there no sound in Zoom
If you cannot hear audio while chatting in Zoom, then you should first find out the cause of this problem. Her decision will depend on this.
First, check if the sound works in general or if the problem only occurs in the video conferencing software . If there is no sound at all, check your speaker settings.
Also, make sure that the other person has not muted the microphone and that it is properly connected and recognized. If sound still hasn’t appeared, it may be muted in Zoom itself. How to solve this problem is explained below.
How to turn on sound in Zoom
If your interlocutor hasn’t turned off the microphone, but you still can’t hear the sound, you can try the following steps:
- Click on the speaker icon in the taskbar and make sure the sound is not muted in Windows. While doing this, drag the slider at least 30 percent.
- Also make sure the Zoom app itself is not muted. You can do this by right-clicking on the speaker icon in the taskbar and choosing Open Volume Mixer. Here you will see a separate knob for Zoom, which should also be set to higher values.
- Also, check the internal audio settings in Zoom. To do this, open the “Settings” in the conference window and go to the “Sound” section. Perform a speaker and microphone test: as soon as you hear sound, drag the blue slider to the right.
- If you are working with the program through a browser, allow it to use your computer’s speakers for audio conferencing – a request for this permission appears when you launch Zoom.
- If all else fails, reinstalling Zoom may help. To do this, uninstall the program and then reinstall it. In the case of a browser, simply close the tab and re-enter the conference room.